- 2 quarts water
- 1 quart distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup canning salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon alum.
- Good shake of dill weed
- Good shake of dill seed
- Pickling ingredients (okra, pickles, peppers, etc)
- Combine above ingredients and bring to a boil in large pot
- Let cool until warm
- Heat canning/jarring lids in near boiling water
- In jars, add ingredients to be pickled.
- For two jars at a time:
- Fill very near to the top of jar with warm pickling liquid
- Take hot lid and place on top of jar
- Take hot lid fastner and secure lid
Note – you should not be able to depress lid after jar is sealed (pop it in/out with finger)