- 2 tablespoons butter x 2 (keep separate)
- 1 cup crushed ritz, or other buttery, cheesy crackers in pantry
- 1 cup parmesan breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ~1 pound cod fillet (4 fillets)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl; melt in microwave on high, about 30 seconds.
- Stir/Whisk butter into crushed crackers
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a 7×11-inch baking dish.
- Melt in the preheated oven, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove dish from oven.
- Coat both sides of cod in melted butter in the baking dish.
- Bake cod in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; top with lemon juice, wine, and cracker mixture. Place back in oven and bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 8-10 more minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 5 garlic cloves
- Fresh Basil & Oregano
- lemon, zest of (save lemon wedges to serve with fish)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 cod fish fillets
- avacado or olive oil
- Finely chop:
- Preheat oven to 400°F
Line baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly brush with oil
- Finely Chop:
- lemon zest
- Combine with the breadcrumbs in a shallow plate.
sprinkle salt on top
- Brush top of each fillet with olive oil.
- Press fillet into the crumb mixture.
- Place fillets in baking dish, crust-side up.
- Bake until firm, about 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.