Not only can you dispose of your hazardous materials and waste safely here, you can:
- Dispose of Automotive Products
- Dispose of Lawn Care Products
- Dispose of Batteries
- Recycle Paint and Paint Products
- Recycle Empty Containers.
NOTE: Austin reblend is prohibited by TCEQ regulations to take waste from businesses
Let’s get to the point though… In real estate a new coat of paint is what can make or break a deal. Looking to sell your home? Don’t want to pay $100+ for each bucket of paint? Why not use free paint?
Check out Austin ReBlend! It is donated, post-consumer, reblended flat paint (with low VOCs) made from paint collected at the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) facility. The website is not currently updated with the many colors they offer. I will update this blog post when I find it.
This organization makes two colors of free paint for their customers:
- Texas Limestone (off white)
- Balcones Canyonlands (dark beige)
NOTE: The buckets are notated with numbers 1 to 100 for the different variations/shades within the color spectrum of each.
It’s very easy to access the facility – right off Highway 71 on the way to the Airport – with a drive through for paint loading! Bring a truck! Take as much as you need for the job!
- Address: 2514 Business Center Drive, Austin, TX 78744
- Drop Off Times: Tue-Wed: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday from 7 a.m. to Noon Closed Saturday the weekend of New Year’s, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Phone Number: (512) 974-4343