This recipe makes a party-size amount
**Soak livers in milk overnight
- 2 pints chicken livers
**Hard boil two eggs
- 6 tbsp (in two instances) butter, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion -chopped
- 1 garlic chopped
- 1 cup of red wine or port
- Fresh basil – clump – chopped
- Fresh oregano – clump – chopped
- 2 tbsp – Beef soup base
- Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (1/2 n 1/2 works fine) – plus more as needed
- Strain livers from milk and add chopped herbs
- Let sit 20 min.
- Large heavy pan (iron skillet is best)
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter
- Sauté onions/garlic over medium-low heatuntil translucent – do not brown
- Remove and add to mixing bowl
- Cook livers
- Bring the skillet heat to high.
- Reduce wine in pan
- Add 1/2 cup avocado oil (my fave)
- Add livers with herbs evenly in pan
- Cook until livers are lightly browned but still very soft and pink on the inside – Approximately 5 minutes – Flip at 2.5 minutes
- Add livers to mixing bowl
- Chop hard boiled eggs and add to mixing bowl
- Put bowl contents into food processor, along with the cream and the remaining butter
- Salt… add stuff… to taste.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.