In large pot, fill 1-1/2 inches deep with water and bring to boil
- Chicken or veggie soup base – to taste – stronger the better!
- Entire Onion – chopped
- Entire chopped Garlic or garlic powder
- Basil – fresh is better
- Herbs de Provence
- 8 tablespoon butter (separate into 2 x 4 tbsp)
- Leave ~3/4″ of stem under artichoke
- cut top 1/5 to 1/4 off with serrated blade – exposing the inside
- Melt 4 tblspn butter
- Add artichokes – stem-side down in the water
- Squeeze lemon over artichokes
- Pour butter over artichokes
- Cover and boil for 30 minutes at a little less than medium heat
Prepare dipping sauce (butter deliciousness)
- Melt remaining butter on low heat
- Add dash of Herbs de Provence
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Add lemon juice to taste.
Serve with giant bowl in the middle of the table for everyone to throw their leaves.